U-M Occupational Health Services (OHS) provides services to Michigan Medicine, Ann Arbor, Flint, and Dearborn campus faculty and staff for COVID related illness. OHS continues to provide services to Michigan Medicine and Ann Arbor campus faculty and staff for the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of occupational illnesses and injuries.
Please DO NOT go to OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SERVICES (OHS) unless you have called and scheduled an appointment. OHS will be triaging all visits through our main phone number 734-764-8021. Hours of operation for normal OHS business will continue to be Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The OHS Illness and COVID-19 Call Center is for employees who are sick and/or have questions related to COVID-19. The Call Center hours are Monday - Friday 7:00am – 5:00pm, and Saturday 7:00am-noon. Voice messages left before noon Sunday will be returned Sunday.
Effective immediately, please contact OHS by phone for the following:
- If you are sick and/or have questions related to COVID-19, please DO NOT visit OHS. Call OHS and select prompt 1.
- If you are sick and your condition is NOT a medical emergency, please contact OHS and avoid using the Emergency Department. If your condition IS a medical emergency, please go to the closest emergency department.
- For fit testing, call OHS between the hours of 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please call to schedule a visit.
- If you are reporting a Body Substance Exposure (BSE), please page the University of Michigan Paging system, pager #5356
- For acute work related injuries, call OHS between the hours of 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- If you have an occupational health need and are unsure how to proceed, call OHS.
Michigan Medicine and Ann Arbor Campus
Phone: (734) 764-8021
Fax: (734) 763-7405
View hours and directions
Office of Business Affairs (313) 593-5110, or Campus Safety & Security (313) 593-4914.
Dearborn employees receive work-related health care at Oakwood Healthcare.
Department of Public Safety (810) 762-3335 (911 from any campus phone) or call Mike Lane in Environment Health & Safety at (810) 766-6763.
U-M OHS provides occupational health physical exams, new employee assessments and medical surveillance exams, testing for exposure, required vaccinations and TB tests, as well as hazard and safety awareness. Learn more about OHS services.
Find links to Michigan Medicine safety and health resources as well as general information on occupational health and safety. Learn more about OHS resources.
Find information on annual surveillance, body substance exposures, and work related injuries/illnesses. This manual will explain our procedures and outline how to process routine and episodic events at your site. The information and examples of necessary forms are provided for you. View the off-site manual.
U-M Health and Well-Being Services
U-M Health and Well-Being Services consists of Occupational Health Services, MHealthy and Mental Health Counseling and Consultation Services.