Occupational Health Services (OHS) requires all employees to schedule an appointment. Prior to contacting OHS, please review information contained on this website as your question may be answered. If you do need to schedule an appointment or have questions, please call the main OHS number at 734-764-8021.
OHS provides services to Michigan Medicine, Ann Arbor, Flint, and Dearborn campus faculty and staff for COVID related illness. OHS continues to provide services to Michigan Medicine and Ann Arbor campus faculty and staff for the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of occupational illnesses and injuries.
Please DO NOT go to OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SERVICES (OHS) unless you have called and scheduled an appointment. OHS will be triaging all visits through our main phone number 734-764-8021. Hours of operation for normal OHS business will continue to be Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The OHS Illness and COVID-19 Call Center will be available Monday – Friday 7:00am – 5:00pm and Saturday 7:00am – 12:00pm. Employees calling outside of normal business hours can leave a message and OHS will follow up within 24 hours.
Effective immediately, please contact OHS by phone for the following:
- If you are sick and/or have questions related to COVID-19, please DO NOT visit OHS. Call OHS and select prompt 1.
- If you are sick and your condition is NOT a medical emergency, please contact OHS and avoid using the Emergency Department. If your condition IS a medical emergency, please go to the closest emergency department.
- For fit testing, call OHS between the hours of 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please call to schedule a visit.
- If you are reporting a Body Substance Exposure (BSE), please page the University of Michigan Paging system, pager #5356
- For acute work-related injuries, call OHS between the hours of 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- If you have an occupational health need and are unsure how to proceed, call OHS.