Occupational Health Services (OHS) is open to employees Monday – Friday from 7:00am-5:00pm on a scheduled basis. Employees MUST call to schedule an appointment before visiting OHS. Effective July 5, 2021, OHS will be closed every Tuesday from 7:00am – 8:00am for staff development. All calls are triaged by the OHS team to ensure an appropriate appointment is scheduled in a timely manner.
COVID Vaccinations are offered to employees on a walk-in basis Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 7:00am-1:00pm; and, Wednesday and Friday from 10:00am-4:00pm.
Prior to contacting OHS, please review information contained on this website as your question may be answered. If you do need to schedule an appointment or have questions, please call the main OHS number at 734-764-8021.
OHS provides services to Michigan Medicine, Ann Arbor, Flint, and Dearborn campus faculty and staff for COVID related illness. OHS continues to provide services to Michigan Medicine and Ann Arbor campus faculty and staff for the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of occupational illnesses and injuries.
OHS will be triaging all visits through our main phone number 734-764-8021. Employees calling outside of normal business hours can leave a message and OHS will follow up the next business day.
Please contact OHS by phone for the following:
- If you are sick and/or have questions related to COVID-19, please DO NOT visit OHS. Call OHS and select prompt 1.
- If you are sick and your condition is NOT a medical emergency, please contact OHS and avoid using the Emergency Department. If your condition IS a medical emergency, please go to the closest emergency department.
- Fit testing – please refer to the OHS Services Offered section and select Respirator Mask Clearance and Fitting (can the highlighted be a direct link to the page listed?) to find out how to schedule your fit test.
- If you are reporting a Body Substance Exposure (BSE), please contact OHS during normal business or page the University of Michigan Paging system, pager #5356
- For acute work-related injuries, call OHS during normal clinic hours, Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and select option 2 to speak with the nurse.
- If you have an occupational health need and are unsure how to proceed, call OHS.