Save the Date: Registration opens January 9, 2023 for Active U 2023!
It’s time to do Active U! Now in its 18th year, MHealthy’s 12-week physical activity challenge is a fun way to get moving and challenge yourself. Join in with thousands of your U-M colleagues and friends as we all work towards the same goal – being active!
Active U is designed for every fitness and activity level and encourages you to get moving at least 150 minutes per week. Join a team or go it on your own – you decide what works best for you.
What to Look Forward to in Active U 2023:
- Active U T-shirts return for 2023! Qualify for this coveted prize by successfully completing the program.
- Enter monthly Swag Squad drawings for a change to win a $25 Amazon gift card.
- Easy tracking on the MHealthy Portal or by syncing to your wearable device or fitness app.
- Weekly emails full of encouragement, physical activity tips and more.
- Access to MHealthy’s exercise video library, featuring more than 50 videos.
- Access to Active U’s Slack Channel, where you can share photos, ask questions and connect with the Active U community.
How Active U Works:
- Register for Active U, January 9 – February 6, 2023, on the MHealthy Portal.
- Decide whether to participate as an individual, create a team or join an existing team.
- Planning to be a Team Captain? Reach out to your teammates early so you’re ready to go when tracking starts January 23! The deadline to create/join a team is February 6, 2023.
- Starting January 23, begin tracking your physical activity minutes in the Active U tracker. Use your computer, mobile device, or sync your wearable activity tracker.
- Keep moving each week (through April 16) to achieve your personal weekly exercise minutes goal (and earn your 2023 Active U T-shirt!).
- Throughout the program, you’ll receive weekly support and tips, have opportunities to win prizes and can connect with others in the Active U community to help you stay motivated!