COVID-19 Emotional Health and Well-Being Resources at Michigan Medicine –Special resources available to Michigan Medicine employees during this crisis. Includes individual, team, in person, and remote resources.
Headspace – Smartphone app for mindfulness, emotional health, physical health, and sleep exercises. Free access to Headspace Plus is available through 2020 to healthcare professionals (redeem your subscription using your National Provider Identifier (NPI) and email address). Additional resources are available for workplaces, educators, and families. There are even some resources available for free just for Michigan residents, thanks to a partnership with the State of Michigan.
Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty – The University of Pennsylvania is sharing this free version of Dr. Karen Reivich’s “Resilience Skills” Coursera course.
Looking for more information, self-help resources, or recommendations? Explore the options on this page for a range of emotional health topics.
- The Art of Communication by Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Resilient Clinician by Robert J. Wicks
- Awakening Compassion at Work: The Quiet Power That Elevates People and Organizations by Monica Worline and Jane Dutton
- Life on Purpose: How Living for What Matters Most Changes Everything by Victor J. Strecher
- Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End by Atul Gawande
- Supersurvivors: The Surprising Link Between Suffering and Success by David B. Feldman and Lee Daniel Kravetz
- Aware: The Science and Practice of Presence by Daniel J. Siegel
- In Shock: My Journey from Death to Recovery and the Redemptive Power of Hope by Rana Awdish
- Chief Joy Officer: How Great Leaders Elevate Human Energy and Eliminate Fear by Rich Sheridan
- Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- On Being podcast by Krista Tippett
- Stop, Breathe and Think mobile app
- Headspace mobile app
- Insight Timer mobile app
- Happify mobile app
- Stress Management Tools and Resources
University of Michigan and Michigan Medicine Resources
- Abuse Hurts
- Addiction Treatment Services (UMATS)
- Center for Positive Organizational Scholarship
- Department of Psychiatry
- Depression Center Toolkit
- Sexual Misconduct Reporting and Resources
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Work-Life Resource Center
- Ombuds Office
- Office of Faculty Affairs & Faculty Development