Looking for more information, self-help resources, or recommendations? Explore the options on this page for a range of emotional health topics.
- The Art of Communication by Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Resilient Clinician by Robert J. Wicks
- Awakening Compassion at Work: The Quiet Power That Elevates People and Organizations by Monica Worline and Jane Dutton
- Life on Purpose: How Living for What Matters Most Changes Everything by Victor J. Strecher
- Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End by Atul Gawande
- Supersurvivors: The Surprising Link Between Suffering and Success by David B. Feldman and Lee Daniel Kravetz
- Aware: The Science and Practice of Presence by Daniel J. Siegel
- In Shock: My Journey from Death to Recovery and the Redemptive Power of Hope by Rana Awdish
- A Hidden Wholeness: The Journey Toward an Undivided Life by Parker J. Palmer
- The On Being Project - This online collection of podcasts, writings, art, and poetry explores the big questions of meaning at the intersection of spiritual inquiry, science, social healing, and the arts.
- SilverCloud - An online, self-guided, interactive mental health resource that provides cognitive behavioral interventions. This resource may help you manage day-to-day stresses and anxiety,, improve resilience, learn skills to understand thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, and reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Healthy Minds Program mobile app - A free app that offers guided practices and podcast-style lessons to support mindfulness and meditation practice.
- Insight Timer mobile app - This free app features a meditation timer and a large repository of guided meditations, music tracks, and other recorded and live events for relieving stress, improving sleep, coping with challenges, and addressing many other facets of well-being and flourishing.
- Happify mobile app - Free, science-based activities and practices drawn from positive psychology and cognitive behavioral practices to support emotional well-being.
- MHealthy Stress Management Tools and Resources
University of Michigan and Michigan Medicine Resources
- Abuse Hurts
- Addiction Treatment Services (UMATS)
- Center for Positive Organizational Scholarship
- Child and Family Care (formerly Work-Life Resource Center)
- Department of Psychiatry
- Depression Center Toolkit
- Faculty Ombuds Office
- Michigan Medicine Wellness Office
- Office of Faculty Affairs & Faculty Development
- Sexual Misconduct Reporting and Resources
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Staff Ombuds Office