The Comprehensive Major Medical plan (CMM) offers the most flexibility at the lowest premium cost. As a member you are free to use any provider you choose, including specialists, though you will pay less out of pocket if you use a participating Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM) provider. Search here to locate a participating CMM provider or find out if your doctor accepts this plan.
Summary of Benefits
- $500 individual/$1,000 family annual deductible
- No out-of-pocket cost to you for preventive care
- You pay 20% after meeting the deductible for:
- Office visit for injury or illness
- Specialist visit
- Urgent care
- Emergency care
- Inpatient services
- Outpatient surgery
- Mental health, behavioral health or substance abuse services
- $3,000 individual/$6,000 family out-of-pocket maximum
For complete information on benefits and coverage, please refer to the plan documents.
Using the Plan
CMM is a traditional fee for service plan that offers access to the majority of hospitals and doctors in the U.S., as well as worldwide access to care through Blue Cross Blue Shield Global® Core.
BCBSM may ask you to complete a Coordination of Benefits form when you enroll in the plan to determine if you have additional coverage.
Benefits paid to non-participating providers are limited to a BCBSM fee schedule, and non-participating providers may charge more than the fee schedule allows. You pay 100% of any charges in excess of the fee schedule.
Find a Participating Provider
Search here to locate a participating CMM provider or find out if your doctor accepts this plan.
Plan Documents & Forms
- CMM 2023 Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- CMM 2023 Summary of Benefits and Coverage - MNA (For members of the Michigan Nurses Association)
- 2022 Benefits-at-a-Glance
- 2022 Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- 2022 Summary of Benefits and Coverage - MNA (For members of the Michigan Nurses Association)
- 2022 Member Handbook
Plan Contact Information
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
600 Lafayette E.
Detroit, MI 48226
Group number: 007005187
Consider a Health Care Flexible Spending Account
If you are eligible, you may want to consider enrolling in a pre-tax health care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) to complement your health plan.