Flu shot clinics are available on select days September through November at the Michigan Union, Michigan League, Duderstadt, Palmer Commons, and Pierpont Commons in Ann Arbor. You must register for an Ann Arbor clinic. Once registered, arrive anytime during the clinic's hours.
Who can Attend:
Flu shot clinics are only open to U-M faculty, staff and students.* Must be at least 18 years old.
- Those covered under an accepted health insurance plan will not have to pay out-of-pocket. Please bring your insurance card.
- U-M faculty and staff not covered under an accepted insurance plan can still receive a flu shot at a rate of $40 per person. Pay by check or credit card.
- Students can receive a free flu shot even if not covered by an accepted plan.
Register for a Flu Shot Clinic:
Registration opens in late August. Come back then to register for a clinic.
Please note the following before attending your flu shot appointment:
- Do not attend the flu shot clinic if you don't feel well
- Wear a mask/face covering
- Wear clothing that allows the shot to be administered in the upper arm
- Bring your health insurance card
Note, these flu clinics will only be offering flu vaccinations and will not include any COVID-19 related service.
Clinics are available through a collaboration between Michigan Medicine’s Flu/Immunization Program (formerly Michigan Visiting Nurses), MHealthy and University Health Service. For more information, email UMFluClinics@med.umich.edu or call 734-975-3225.
* Michigan Medicine faculty, staff, medical/nursing students and volunteers can receive free flu vaccinations at flu clinics across the medical campus. Vaccines are also available at U-M Occupational Health Services in the Med Inn Building or from clinical unit flu liaisons. Registration will be required for all flu shot clinics. More information and a list of options will be available at med.umich.edu/u/flu.
If you are working remotely or are a spouse/other qualified adult or retiree, you can receive your flu vaccination at your doctor’s office, local clinic or network immunizing pharmacy. When a flu shot is administered at a pharmacy, there is no cost when either the member’s medical or prescription drug insurance card is provided. Do not use both cards or there could be confusion. Learn more.