Who We Are
“I felt it shelter to speak to you.”
How could something as simple as being truly heard and honored by another be so profoundly healing? This is what we as counselors strive to offer in every conversation. We draw from evidence-based sciences, humanistic and positive psychology, family systems theory, organizational psychology, and philosophies of compassion and forgiveness. We are a team that believes in human goodness. We welcome the opportunity to serve you.
- Whitney J. Begeman, PsyD, LP, Interim Director, and Lead Therapist for Medical Student Mental Health Program
- Jillian Dronfield, LMSW, Faculty and Staff Counselor
- Erik Anderson, LMSW, CAADC, Faculty Counselor
- Cassie D. Garety James, PhD, LP, Faculty and Staff Counselor
- Jennifer Hahm, PhD, LP, Faculty and Staff Counselor
- Ari Levy-Hussen, MS, LPC, PhD, Faculty and Staff Counselor
- Whitney Hagen, PhD, LP, Medical Student Mental Health Therapist
- Nidaa Shaikh, PsyD, LP, Medical Student Mental Health Therapist
- Danielle Zohrob, PsyD, LP, Medical Student Mental Health Therapist
- Rachel Colby, Administrative Assistant, Medical Student Mental Health Program
- Nicole Figueroa, MSN, RN, AHN-BC, HWNC-BC, Nurse Leader for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Well-Being
- Ann Scott, Administrative Assistant
"In partnership there is nothing that we cannot achieve together."
— Michigan Medicine Office of Counseling and Workplace Resilience
- We can grow happiness, meaning, and resilience in our lives.
- Compassion, understanding, hope, and gratitude are cornerstones of our community.
- Community support helps us maintain a high level of personal and professional health and fulfillment.
- We recognize that it takes courage and commitment to increasing the quality of our lives.
- We can thrive through understanding, protecting, and sustaining our mental health.