Depending on the semester, MHealthy may have internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students in the areas of employee wellness, community health promotion, fitness center management, personal training, health education, nutrition, tobacco cessation, and marketing.
Prospective interns should consider the following:
- Internship positions and specific projects or tasks vary based on seasonal MHealthy program needs and the individual interests and goals of selected interns.
- In order to be considered for an MHealthy internship, potential interns must have completed at least their junior year of college and be majoring in a health-related field.
If you have any questions related to the MHealthy Internship Program, please contact email@example.com.
Available Interships for Winter 2020
Project Healthy Schools
- 15 – 20 hours a week
- Grad students preferred, but not required to apply
- The intern will assist with ongoing programming support, such as creating educational materials and teaching supplies, teaching our curriculum, coordinating volunteers, data entry for financial tracking, helping with on-site school health promotion events, and other program support duties as assigned
- The intern will work out of our office in Wolverine Tower
- Our office hours are between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.; the interns hours would need to be within this time period.
- Applications will be accepted until a position is filled or through November 15, 2019
Project Healthy Schools Health Ambassador
Health Ambassadors make a difference by teaching the Project Healthy Schools curriculum in Ann Arbor classrooms. Volunteers do not need teaching experience—just a passion to encourage sixth-graders to make healthier choices. If interested in volunteering, complete the volunteer form.
MHealthy occasionally has temporary employment opportunities for Exercise Class Instructors and Fitness Specialists.
Exercise Class Instructors
If you are interested in instructing one of our classes you must currently be certified in CPR and currently certified in the area you wish to teach (Yoga, Pilates, etc.). Contact Colleen Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org or (734) 764-0333 for information on open positions.