Counseling for Faculty and Staff Residing Outside of the State of Michigan

If you work for the University of Michigan as a faculty or staff member outside of the State of Michigan but within the USA, you can receive telehealth support from our partner ComPsych. 

Stress, anxiety, and the day-to-day pressures of life can really build up. So, checking in on your mental health early and often can help you feel better and build your capacity for dealing with challenges. Fortunately, support is only a call, video appointment, or text away. 

Contact our partner ComPsych, a national provider of mental and behavioral health services. You can access CommPsych support services by calling, toll-free, 844-206-1126 (TTY: 800-697-0353) or at

Register using the ID "umich" and follow the prompts.

This is the same type of service available through U-M Mental Health Counseling and Consultation Services for faculty and staff living in Michigan, which provides up to 5 sessions of counseling at no charge. It does not replace services from your health plan.


Contact ComPsych at 844-206-1126 or visit

Watch to Learn More About Counseling and ComPsych