Find Child Care
Connecting U-M Families to Child Care Resources
1. Search U-M and community child care program information, 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- U-M EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & CARE (licensed, on-campus child care centers in Ann Arbor, Dearborn, and Flint): http://hr.umich.edu/childcare/
- CAMPUS CHILD CARE HOMES NETWORK (licensed, home-based programs in the greater Ann Arbor area): http://hr.umich.edu/worklife/childcare/homesnetwork.html
- COMMUNITY CHILD CARE CENTERS AND HOMES (all licensed programs): click here to access the State of Michigan child care databases and you will then be asked to enter your U-M uniqname/ID and password (if you will soon be a U-M employee/student, click on “Need a Login ID?/Create one now” and then “Others” to set up a friend/guest account using your non-UM e-mail address). Once you are logged in, you will be asked a few demographic questions, then directed to the state databases (choose "log out" to exit U-M sites). Both databases are searchable by zip code (click on Michigan), city, type of care, etc. Also, you can view recent licensing reports and inspections.
These additional resources are offered by the U-M Work/Life Resource Center:
- KIDS KARE AT HOME (occasional, sick child/back-up child care): hr.umich.edu/worklife/kidskare/
- U-M FAMILY HELPERS (online listing of U-M students/retirees who offer child care as well as elder care, pet sitting, house cleaning and more): hr.umich.edu/worklife/familyhelpers/index.html
- IN-YOUR-HOME CARE, SUMMER CARE, AND OTHER CHILD CARE RESOURCES: hr.umich.edu/worklife/childcare/childcareref.html
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR CHILD CARE (summary of various resources, including the U-M Child Care Subsidy and Child Care Tuition Grant programs): hr.umich.edu/worklife/childcare/moneymatters.html
- TO GUIDE YOU IN YOUR SEARCH FOR CHILD CARE: A Parent's Guide to Early Learning & Care and hr.umich.edu/worklife/childcare/childcareguide.html
2. Contact us if you have questions or need assistance
If you need help with navigating the child care databases, finding other resources, understanding the child care system in Michigan, etc., please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-763-9379.
The U-M Work/Life Resource Center offers child care resource information only. Information is subject to change. Neither the U-M nor its subcontractors warrant any information concerning any child care provider, nor do they inspect, investigate, endorse, recommend, or choose any particular provider. The inclusion of any care provider’s name does not constitute endorsement or certification by the U-M, WLRC or its subcontractors as to their qualifications to provide child care, the rates charged for services or any other aspect of individual program’s quality of care. Any complaints and problems should be directed to the caregiver and/or the State of Michigan Department of Human Services, Office of Child and Adult Licensing.