Find Child Care

Connecting U-M Families to Child Care Resources

1. Search U-M and community child care resources, 24 hours a day/7 days a week

  • U-M EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & CARE (licensed, on-campus child care centers in Ann Arbor, Dearborn, and Flint):
  • CAMPUS CHILD CARE HOMES NETWORK (licensed/registered, home-based programs in the greater Ann Arbor area):
  • COMMUNITY CHILD CARE CENTERS AND HOMES (all licensed/registered programs): the State of Michigan provides two online databases that allow you to search child care programs by city, type of care, zip code (click on Michigan), etc. Basic information such as program/provider name, phone number, address, and recent licensing reports are continually updated by the State, and reflect all currently licensed/registered programs. However, other information such as rates, hours, and openings may or may not be entered or updated, so you may need to contact several programs to inquire about care for your child. To access these searchable State of Michigan child care sites, enter your U-M uniqname/ID and password.* Once you are logged in, you will be asked a few demographic questions, then directed to the State databases (click on "log out" to exit U-M sites). *If you will soon be a U-M employee or student, click on “Need a Login ID?/Create one now” and then “Others” to set up a friend/guest account using your non U-M e-mail address.

These additional child care resources are offered by the U-M Work/Life Resource Center:

2. Please contact us if you have questions or need assistance

If you need help with navigating the child care databases, finding other resources, understanding the child care system in Michigan, etc., contact or 734-763-9379.


The U-M Work/Life Resource Center offers child care resource information only. Information is subject to change. Neither the U-M nor its subcontractors warrant any information concerning any child care provider, nor do they inspect, investigate, endorse, recommend, or choose any particular provider. The inclusion of any care provider’s name does not constitute endorsement or certification by the U-M, WLRC or its subcontractors as to their qualifications to provide child care, the rates charged for services or any other aspect of individual program’s quality of care. Any complaints and problems should be directed to the caregiver and/or the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.

CLICK HERE for a PDF flier about WLRC child care resources.
childcare flier