Kids Kare at Home
If your child is mildly ill or if your regular child care is unavailable on short notice, and you must be at work or on campus, Kids Kare at Home may be able to help.
- Sick child or backup child care for U-M families
- In-your-home care by screened and trained caregivers (subject to availability)
- For children ages 13 and under (or older children with special needs up to the age of 25 who cannot be left alone)
- Partially-subsidized hourly rate (based on household income) for families who qualify
- Register here (this is simply a registration for access to the service; there is no obligation to use the service)
- Care is provided by Kennedy Care/Safe at Home, a contracted vendor
- Kennedy Care/Safe at Home caregivers have had state and FBI criminal background checks
Learn more about Kids Kare at Home:
- Can I use Kids Kare?
- Requesting a Caregiver
- Hourly Rates, Billing and Cancellation Policy
- Parental Rights and Responsibilities
- Childcare Checklist (PDF)
- Special Instructions for Today Form (PDF)
*Prior to registering, please note: the unsubsidized rate for Kids Kare is $22.00 per hour (for one to two children, minimum four hours daily; three or more children are billed at 1 1/2 times this hourly rate). However, you may qualify for a U-M subsidized rate. Be sure to enter your total gross household income on the online registration form to determine if you qualify for a subsidy. If we do not have your household income amount, you will be billed for the full, unsubsidized cost of care.