Kids Kare at Home
If your child is mildly ill or if your regular child care is unavailable, and you must be at U-M (at work or school), Kids Kare at Home may be able to help.
- Sick child or backup child care for U-M families
- In-your-home care by screened and trained caregivers (subject to availability)
- For children ages 13 and under (or older children with special needs up to the age of 25 who cannot be left alone)
- Partially-subsidized hourly rate (based on household income) for families who qualify
- Register for 2018 (this is simply a registration for access to Kids Kare; there is no obligation to use the service)
- Care is provided by Kennedy Care/Safe at Home, a contracted vendor
- Kennedy Care/Safe at Home caregivers have had state and FBI criminal background checks
Learn more about Kids Kare at Home:
- Can I use Kids Kare?
- Requesting a Caregiver
- Hourly Rates, Billing and Cancellation Policy
- Parental Rights and Responsibilities
- Childcare Checklist (PDF)
- Special Instructions for Today Form (PDF)
*Prior to registering, please note: the unsubsidized rate for Kids Kare is $22.00 per hour (for one to two children, minimum four hours daily; three or more children are billed at 1 1/2 times this hourly rate). However, you may qualify for a U-M subsidized rate. Be sure to enter your total gross household income on the online registration form to determine if you qualify for a subsidy. If we do not have your household income amount, you will be billed for the full, unsubsidized cost of care.