Work/Life Champion Supervisors Award
Program closed for 2014
Coming soon: Work Life Champion winner profiles
The “Work/Life Champion Award for Supervisors” recognizes U-M faculty and staff supervisors who promotework/life balance through consistent recognition of and responsiveness to their employees' professional and personal lives, incorporating important job demands along with customer and team needs. The award is open to both faculty and staff supervisors who are nominated by staff whose work they supervise.
All nominated supervisors:
- Encourage work/life balance through a number of positive management practices
- Humanize the work environment by treating everyone with dignity, respect and integrity
- Promote teamwork while also being sensitive to an individual’s personal needs
- Have a positive leadership style which empowers others and recognizes contributions of staff
- Any U-M faculty, staff, or student may nominate a supervisor by using the nomination form. A supervisor must be in his or her position for at least two years for award consideration.
- A selection committee consisting of representatives from different areas of the university will review all nominations and select the award winner(s).
- All nominators will be notified of the results by mid summer. Recipients will receive a gift certificate and plaque, and will be honored at the annual Work Life Resource Center “Connecting the Dots Conference” in early October.