Welcome to Voices of the Staff!
Congratulations! You were selected from a record number of applications to join a Voices Network Team.
So, now what?
Your first Voices event is the Voices Annual Meeting on June 8, 2017. Look for an invitation in your email from Ann Ross. She's the Voices Program Coordinator. She will also email you about ordering your official Voices shirt.
The Annual Meeting is a day-long event that features speakers and activities designed to get you motivated and energized for your Voices service. It's also a chance to meet your team members and team facilitators.
Before the Annual Meeting
Voices is an engagement program. It's also a get-out-of-it-what-you-put-into-it kind of program. So we encourage you to get engaged by putting in some time to review the following information. You'll find plenty of details about the history of Voices, its mission, accomplishments, and more.
- See the recent Voices of the Staff Annual Report.
- Review the About Voices section of this site.
- This introduction to Voices provides some history of the Voices program.
Resources to help you discuss Voices throughout the year
When you participate in Voices, you may get questions from your co-workers and others. Things like, "What's that meeting you go to every month? What do you do there? What do you accomplish?" We hope that you feel empowered to share your Voices experience with your unit (for example, reporting your participation and activities at a staff meeting). Here are some resources to help.
- The "What is Voices?" PDF gives a quick overview and is something you can print and post in your work area.
- Results and Resources highlight many work products of past Voices teams.
- Frequently asked questions about Voices can help you answer those, well, questions that are frequently asked.
- Are your colleagues asking you about your participation in Voices? Here are some talking points for discussing Voices with your co-workers.
- And here are some talking points for discussing your participation with your supervisor.