- Please note: you must log in with your umich credentials to view Resources for Hiring Departments.
Talent Acquisition - A New Focus to Help You Hire Great People
UHR Services is reimagining how to best serve you when it comes to hiring great people. A big part of this change is to provide functional expertise for the hiring process. To reflect this emphasis, UHR is investing in the development of a new unit called Talent Acquisition.
Talent Acquisition is a unit of Staff HR Services focusing on supporting inclusive skills-based hiring. This process helps you frame your search to emphasize specific work activities needed to be successful in any given role. The benefits of this approach include:
- reducing bias in the process,
- shortening the time to hire a new person, and
- increasing satisfaction for the candidate and hiring team.
Resources for Hiring Departments is a good place to start. It's a comprehensive, soup-to-nuts, map of best practices in the hiring process.
Three Areas of Focus
Talent Acquisition focuses on supporting the university by providing service in three ways:
- Full Cycle Recruiting for Priority Hiring
- Consulting and Training
- Self-guided Hiring Process