Open Enrollment Books
- Download the Open Enrollment book for Faculty, Staff and Benefits-eligible Graduate Students.
- Download the Open Enrollment book for Retirees and Surviving Spouses and Surviving Other Qualified Adults.
- Download the Open Enrollment book for Long-Term Disability Participants.
- Download the Open Enrollment book for COBRA Participants.
- Download the Open Enrollment book for Leave of Absence or Reduction in Force.
Health Plan Coverage Comparison
- 2021 Health Plan Coverage Comparison Chart (PDF)
- Health Plan Coverage Comparison Tool - Use this tool to select a health service and compare coverage under the U-M health plans.
Benefits Plan Books and Resources
For benefits effective January 1 - December 31, 2021.
- Flexible Spending Accounts - The annual maximum limit for Health Care FSAs will increase to $2,750 for 2021. Remember that unlike other benefits, FSA enrollments do not carry over from year to year. According to IRS rules, you must re-enroll if you wish to participate in an FSA in 2021.
- What is an FSA? - Information from PayFlex, the university's Flexible Spending Account administrator.
- Documentation You May Need for PayFlex Card Claims
- Legal Services Plan - No change to the legal services plan. The plan benefits and monthly cost remain the same for 2021.