In addition to offerings from Organizational Learning (including LPD courses), there are free online options for professional development available to U-M faculty and staff.
Thanks to an agreement with Lynda.com, benefits-eligible faculty and staff have free access to thousands of online offerings.
This content can augment our in-person learning opportunities and we’ve even identified some courses that align with our curriculum for this year.
From beginner courses in Microsoft Word and Excel, to advanced courses in programming and web design, Lynda.com offers one of the largest libraries of online training courses anywhere including:
- Productivity software (such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, etc.)
- Audio, video and photography applications (such as Photoshop, InDesign, Final Cut, etc.)
- Customer service, project management fundamentals, leadership and other business offerings as well
To get started follow these steps to login:
- Visit lynda.com
- Select Sign In
- Select "Sign in with your organization portal"
- Enter umich.edu as your organization's URL when requested
- You will be directed to umich weblogin
- Use your university credentials (uniqname and level one password) to login
A new initiative called Michigan Online gives Michigan students, staff, and faculty access to U-M courses and specializations hosted on the Coursera and edX platforms and provides the opportunity to earn certificates free-of charge.
Michigan Online provides access to courses on topics ranging from leadership to data science to web design, all created at U-M by U-M faculty and instructors. There is no cost for these courses and certificates for all enrolled students, staff and faculty on the Ann Arbor, Dearborn and Flint campuses and Michigan Medicine.