Helpful Tips for Sub-Administrators
LinkedIn Learning (LiL) can be used as a complement to your current curriculum. There are many options already available to recommend to your students, or you can curate custom collections to fit your specific needs. This information is designed to assist you in that role.
Sub-Administrator Role Overview
We are assigning faculty members a sub-administrator role within LinkedIn Learning. With this role you will be able to access SSO (single sign on) urls so that you can add LinkedIn Learning content to your assignments or modules in Canvas or Blackboard. This will allow you to track student participation in the LinkedIn Learning content within Canvas or Blackboard.
When this permission is enabled, you will see "Go to Admin" in the upper right corner once you are signed in to your LinkedIn Learning account. Administrator functionality is not available within the Learning mobile apps. To access the Admin Account Center, please use a desktop device.
Canvas and Blackboard Integrations
LinkedIn Learning content (full courses or videos) can be integrated into a Canvas or Blackboard course by setting up an External Tool within:
- Important: follow these instructions the first time you login to LinkedIn Learning to activate your sub-administrator access
- Canvas instructions (Ann Arbor and Dearborn)
- Blackboard instructions (Flint)
You can create custom collections to organize and share groupings of courses and videos.
- Collections: a way to categorize content that you are interested in sharing with others or learning more about. These can be viewed in any order.
- Learning Paths: playlists of related video courses on a specific topic or career track. These must be viewed in sequential order.