HR Records and Information Services serves as the University’s HR data steward providing expertise and consultation to leadership and unit-based partners to ensure the highest quality accuracy of the employee HR record from hire to retire that reside in the enterprise management systems (ERP). The organization recommends and provides guidance on integrated ERP system solutions and/or enhancements while ensuring process controls and audits are in place for complex HR records changes, union contract administration, annual reappointments, benefit enrollments and unemployment claims.
Human Resources Records Management maintains and manages records and information for the University of Michigan community, including benefits information. Records Management also has the responsibility of processing and maintaining Faculty and Staff records.
- Data Steward for HR Data.
- Develop and maintain Job Aids, Forms, and other tutorials for HR.
- Upload multiple record updates (batch processing).
- Union contracts
- Benefit eligibility updates
- Stop pay rows including benefit eligible students and ESR
- Temporary and student purge processing
- Maintain HRRIS Data Management Calendar.
- Manage data integrity and compliance with government regulations and contract requirements through regular process audits.
- Prepare monthly Regents Information Report.
- Process exception and integrated appointment transactions for effective personnel management.
- Provide Tier III expert user support to address complex inquiries and issues.
- Validate and process sabbatical eligibility according to SPG 201.30-2 (Form J).
Our expert team evaluates all changes and enhancements that impact MPathways while improving processes to help support the units.
- Coordinate M-Pathways enhancement requests with all impacted areas.
- Coordinate system upgrade activities.
- Develop and maintain audit queries to maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with government regulations and contract requirements.
- Develop and provide training to help reduce process errors and educate on new enhancements.
Commonly Asked Questions
- How do I get access to my centrally maintained personnel file?
- Per SPG 201.46, to view the documents in your personnel folder
- How do I find out about unemployment compensation?
- You can find detailed information on the Unemployment Insurance Benefits Resources pages.
- How do I find out information on user-specific appointment process training on PAR?
- There is user specific appointment process training available both on MyLinc and PAR Job Aids and Other Tutorials.
- How do I find out information about the Fellowship Benefit Eligibility Uplooad?
- Information on Benefit-Eligible Fellowship uploads can be found on the Process to Enroll Benefit-Eligible Fellowship and Medical School Students of the University Human Resources website or in Mylinc (search fellowships).
- How do I find out information about ESR Eligibility for temporary employees?
- Information can be found on the Employer Shared Responsibility page of the University Human Resources website.
- How do I update my personal information with Human Resources?
- Personal information can be updated by completing the Personal Data changes eForm located on the Shared Services Center website.
- What do I need to do for verification of employment?
- All information (including the required forms) can be found on the Verification of Employment page of the Shared Services website.