Paying for the Service
Depending on your annual total household income, the U-M may subsidize the cost of the program. Rates range from $5/hour to $20/hour (in 2011), $20.50/hour (in 2012), depending on total household adjusted gross income. (This is the same amount that is claimed on your federal tax reports).
- There is a 4-hour minimum charge per visit.
- Families may use a maximum of 48 hours of service during the twelve-month period beginning January 1.
- Families may choose to pay privately for additional hours if needed, at a rate of $20.50/hour. If you have 3 or more children who need care you will be billed at 1 ½ times your hourly rate.
It is the responsibility of the family to keep track of the number of hours they have used. Hours exceeding the allotted 48 hours will be automatically billed at $20.50/hour plus $.48/mile, if applicable.
- Families will receive a bill from Safe at Home 2-4 weeks after service.
- Be aware of the cancellation policy in the event you need to cancel your service.