Connecting U-M Families to Child Care Resources
1. Search U-M and community child care program information, 24 hours a day/7 days a week
Click here web-based referral service, and you will then be asked to enter your uniqname/ID and U-M Kerberos password (if you do not have one yet but will be a U-M affiliate in the coming months, click on “Need a Login ID?/Create one now” and then “Others” in order to to set up a friend/guest account using your non-UM e-mail address).
Once you are logged in, you will be asked a few questions about your child care needs, then directed to the following:
- U-M Early Childhood Education & Care (on-campus child care centers): http://hr.umich.edu/childcare/
- Campus Child Care Homes Network (greater Ann Arbor area home-based settings): http://hr.umich.edu/worklife/childcare/homesnetwork.html
- State of Michigan “Great Start” child care referral and licensing databases (these list all state-licensed child care centers and homes, and are searchable by geographic area, type of care, etc.)
In addition, the following child care resources are offered by the U-M Work/Life Resource Center:
- Kids Kare at Home (occasional, emergency/back-up child care): hr.umich.edu/worklife/kidskare/
- Family Helpers (online listing of U-M students who offer child care as well as elder care, pet sitting, house cleaning and more): hr.umich.edu/worklife/familyhelpers/index.html
- In-your-home and summer care resources: hr.umich.edu/worklife/childcare/childcareref.html
- Financial Assistance for Child Care (summary of various resources, including the U-M Child Care Subsidy and Child Care Tuition Grant programs): hr.umich.edu/worklife/childcare/moneymatters.html
- To guide you in your search for child care, please read this State of Michigan resource: A Parent's Guide to Early Learning & Care in Michigan.
2. Contact us if you have questions
If you need assistance with navigating the child care databases, finding other resources, understanding the child care system in Michigan, etc., please e-mail email@example.com or call 734-936-8677, and we will do our best to assist you. Please note: we provide child care information but not recommendations.
The U-M Work Life Resource Center offers child care resource information only. Information is subject to change. Neither the U-M nor its subcontractors warrant any information concerning any child care provider, nor do they inspect, investigate, endorse, recommend, or choose any particular provider. The inclusion of any care provider’s name does not constitute endorsement or certification by the U-M, WLRC or its subcontractors as to their qualifications to provide child care, the rates charged for services or any other aspect of individual program’s quality of care. Any complaints and problems should be directed to the caregiver and/or the State of Michigan Department of Human Services, Office of Child and Adult Licensing.