Towsley Children's House School-Age Summer Day Camp Program
Invites your child to have an old-fashioned summer; a time for your child to pause, to relax, to explore, to blow dandelions and count the clouds. Do you remember a childhood summer when you forgot what day of the week it was? We want to offer your child that kind of summer time.
BRINGING PLAY BACK TO BIG KIDS!
- Camp Sessions operate Monday – Friday, 8:00am-5:30pm.
- Morning and afternoon snacks will be provided. Please bring your own lunch
- Camp is open to children of U-M Faculty, staff and students, as well as families in the surrounding community, who have completed kindergarten through third grade by June 2014.
- Summer camp operates from an air-conditioned classroom. However, weather permitting, the children will spend most of their time outdoors! We have two water features, so the sound of trickling water will really happen!
- Afternoon swimming twice a week at Fuller Pool
- Afternoon Kidsport activities onsite weekly (this is similar to elementary school gym class with cooperative games and exercise)
- Field trips to a variety of places including Nichols Arboretum, University of Michigan Museum of Natural History, ice cream parlor, Ann Arbor Public Library, the University of Michigan Meseum of Art, painting The Rock, and campus walks. We will walk, ride AATA buses, or University of Michigan buses.
- Weekly camp sessions are available from June 16, 2014 through August 15, 2014 (nine possible weeks of fun)
EARLY REGISTRATION IS ADVISED!
Registration opens on Monday February 24, 2014. Camp space is limited and enrollment is first come first serve. A minimum of one week’s non-refundable tuition is due at time of enrollment.
"I am sick of four walls and a ceiling. I have need of the sky, I have business with the grass."
Author: Richard Hovey
"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time."
Author: John Lubbock