If your child is mildly ill or if your regular child care is unavailable on short notice, and you must be at work or on campus, Kids Kare at Home may be able to help. Please read the following guidelines to see if you are eligible to use Kids Kare.
- Children must be ages 13 and under (children with special needs who are not able to be alone, ages 25 and under).
- Regular faculty or staff members currently affiliated with the U-M Ann Arbor, UMHS, U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint are eligible to register.
- If they qualify (based on household income) for partially-subsidized care, faculty or staff must have at least a half-time appointment and be benefits-eligible.
- Foster parents are able to register as long as they are licensed by the state to provide foster care.
- Grandparents are eligible as long as the child resides in their home.
- Full or half-time U-M students (graduate or undergraduate, Ann Arbor campus ONLY) are eligible.
- If both parents are affiliated with U-M and living in the same household, only one may be registered.
- If both parents are affiliated with U-M and living in separate households (e.g., in the case of divorce/separation), each may register.
Service is available throughout the following Michigan counties:
The following counties have a limited service area: