Responsibilities of the AIL Committee Chair(s) are as follows:
- Ensure a safe, respectful, and productive venue for collegial discussion, problem solving, and decision making.
- Review all requests submitted for agenda items 2 weeks prior to the meeting.
- Attend and lead the discussion and actions at monthly meetings.
- Appoint subcommittee leads.
- Assure representation on and with partner groups
Committee Chair(s) Membership Terms:
- AIL Committee Chair(s) to be appointed by the Senior Director of Faculty Development for a two-year term commitment.
- Reappointment beyond two-year term to be decided by the Director of Faculty Development.
- At least one committee Chair will be a member of LDAG.
Recruitment and Selection:
- We aim to have a diverse and robust membership body across the organization inclusive of representation of faculty and staff
- Annually there will be a call for nominations and a subsequent selection process
- Recommended size of committee is 15-20 members to ensure successful completion of all stated objectives.
Responsibilities of members are as follows:
- Engage in collegial discussion, problem solving, and decision making that is safe, respectful, and productive.
- Submit agenda items to administrative support by second Monday of every month.
- Participate in subcommittees and if appointed, serve as lead.
- Act as ambassador for mission of AIL committee.
- Members agree to attend and actively participate in a minimum of 70% of regularly scheduled meetings
Committee Membership Terms:
- Three-year term commitment. During the last year of their term, serve as an active mentor to a new member.
- May renew for one additional year if mutually agreed upon between committee member and chair(s)
A subcommittee lead is responsible for developing implementation strategies or multidisciplinary problem solving/decision making, driving action forward, and for deciding the cadence of regular subcommittee meetings as necessary. Their admin support or a volunteer from the subcommittee will be responsible for scheduling meetings. Subcommittees can consist of members outside of the AIL committee but should strive to be representative of the greater membership. Leads will report out on activity at monthly AIL committee meetings.
A liaison serves as a bridge between our partner groups by providing strategic advice and facilitating communications, action, and cooperation.
Responsibilities of the Liaisons are as follows:
- Identifies potential cross-collaboration opportunities and initiates/facilitates conversations to ensure alignment with each committee’s strategic priorities and scope and preventing the duplication of effort.
Responsibilities of Project Administrator/liaison:
- Provide project management support and connectivity to the Faculty Development leadership for our AIL committee goals and objectives.
- Partner with the co-chairs, under the direction of LDAG, Faculty Development leadership, and AIL committee leadership, to attend any regularly scheduled co-chair committee and committee meetings necessary to complete the duties of the committee in relation to strategic objectives or multidisciplinary problem solving/decision making.
Responsibilities of Administrative support:
- Draft meeting agenda, slides, and minutes and take attendance for monthly meetings.
- Distribute the agenda/slides to chairs prior to each meeting and update as requested.
- Distribute minutes and agenda to steering committee members one week prior to meeting.
- Maintain current roster, email listserv, charter, monthly agendas, minutes, and attendance records.
- Schedule all steering committee meetings