As a manager or supervisor, determining how and when to step in and help your team members with their professional and career development can be challenging. The Development Journey is a tool that was developed to put professional and career development into the hands of the individual. In this session, you will learn how to empower your team members to plan their professional development using the Manager's Companion Guide to the Development Journey.
You will Learn to:
- Navigate the Development Journey
- Identify areas of your team members development plans from a manager/supervisor perspective
- Add development questions to your regular check-in meetings to make them more impactful
You will benefit by:
- Enriching your relationship with your team members
- Gaining resources and tools to navigate development conversations and the Individual Development Plan
- Promoting staff development in areas that will benefit your department
Any supervisor or manager that is interested in the development of their individual team members
If there are no current sessions available, or the scheduling does not work for you, there is a recording of a previous session available.
This workshop is being offered in an online webinar format. Online session login information will be delivered in the registration confirmation email.
- Take the Development Journey self-assessment (approx. 10 minutes)
- Watch the Development Journey Intro video (1 minute)
- Leadership and Management
- Leading People and Teams
Domain and Expectation
- Collaborate and build inclusive relationships
- Coach and develop others
- Build positive culture
- Leading a Team
- Leading Multiple Teams
- Level 2: Skill building