Life Insurance Forms
Enrollment in the University Life Insurance Plan is automatic for newly eligible faculty and staff hired after 1/1/2016, and does not require any forms. You must be enrolled in the University Life Insurance Plan in order to enroll in the Optional Plan or Dependent Life. Forms are available to enroll in additional coverage, to change or cancel your coverage, or to designate beneficiaries.
- Dependent Group Term Life Insurance Application - Use this form to enroll your spouse or OQA or your eligible unmarried dependent children in the Dependent Plan. No person may be insured as a Dependent of more than one U-M employee. A paper version of the form is available here.
- Group Term Life Insurance Withdrawal Form - Use this form to cancel life insurance coverage. A paper version of the form is available here.
- MetLife Beneficiary for Group Life Insurance Form - Use this form to designate or change your life insurance beneficiaries.
- University and/or Optional Group Term Life Insurance Application - Use this form to enroll in the University Plan if not automatically enrolled, or to enroll in Optional Life or increase your coverage. A paper version of the form is available here.
- Enrollment in the Optional plan includes simple will preparation services. Download and review information on how to create a will.
Life Insurance Documents
University Group Term Life Insurance Plans book - Download and view or print details about the U-M University Life, Optional Life, and Dependent Life Insurance Plans.
MetLife Life Insurance Guides
MetLife Advantages - With your MetLife group life insurance coverage, you get access to meaningful services to help you make the right decisions to manage what life may bring.
MetLife Advantages Digital Estate Planning FAQs - Answers to frequently asked questions about the digital estate planning solution available to MetLife Advantages members.
MetLife Digital Estate Planning Guide - Create a will and other important estate planning documents in as little as 15 minutes with your enrollment in a MetLife life insurance plan.
People like me - Sample interview on the importance of life insurance to protect your family's future.