FSA claims may be submitted by direct deposit, online, by smartphone, or via paper forms.
Deadline for Filing Claims
You have until March 15, 2016 to incur eligible expenses to be reimbursed from available funds remaining in your 2015 Health Care FSA. File claims for 2015 expenses by May 31, 2016. According to IRS rules, any money left in your FSA as of June 1, 2016 is forfeited and turned over to the university to pay administrative fees. File claims on 2016 FSAs by May 31, 2017.
Register with umich.HealthHub.com
To submit a claim online or sign up for direct deposit, you first need to register with the PayFlex/HealthHub website for University of Michigan faculty and staff, umich.healthhub.com. You can also use the site to check your account balance.
Follow the instructions to complete your online registration.
You may elect to have your FSA reimbursements deposited directly into your checking or savings account. Sign up for direct deposit under the Financial Center tab on your online account at umich.healthhub.com.
Submitting a Claim Online
Access your account on umich.healthhub.com and select Pay Me under File a Claim to reimburse yourself, or select Pay Them to reimburse a provider. Follow the prompts to complete your claim.
Submitting a Claim with Your Smartphone via PayFlex Mobile
The PayFlex Mobile app is available for iPhone, BlackBerry and Android smartphones.
Search for PayFlex Mobile in the app store of your mobile device and select Download.
With PayFlex Mobile, you can:
- File a claim and attach your receipt by taking a picture with your phone's camera
- View account balances, claims processed and transaction detail
- Respond to requests for documentation of your card transactions by using your phone's camera to take a picture of your receipt and upload it from your device (only available for participants with the PayFlex/HealthHub card)
- Access alert messages to stay up-to-date on your account activity
- View listings of eligible and ineligible expenses
- View PayFlex's customer service phone number and hours, claims fax number and mailing address
In order to use the PayFlex Mobile app, you first need to register on the PayFlex/HealthHub website, umich.healthhub.com. Once you have successfully registered, you can access the mobile app using the same HealthHub username and password you used to register.
Submitting a paper claim via mail or fax
- Login to your HealthHub account at umich.healthhub.com and select My HealthHub Resources to download a claim form from Administrative Forms.
- Complete the fillable form by entering your claim information.
- Print and sign the form
- Mail the completed form and itemized receipts to:
PayFlex Systems USA
P.O. Box 3039
Omaha, NE 68103-3039
(Or) FAX the completed form along with the itemized receipts to (402) 231-4310.
Keep copies of all forms and receipts.
PayFlex/HealthHub Card Claims Validation
If you pay for your eligible health care expenses with your PayFlex/HealthHub card, you do not need to file claims, but be sure to request itemized receipts for your expenses and save them. PayFlex/HealthHub will require the itemized receipts to substantiate your claim. If a receipt is not provided, you may be requested to pay back the amount you were reimbursed.
For more information on filing claims for reimbursement, call PayFlex/HealthHub at 877-343-1346 or visit umich.healthhub.com