You may submit your FSA claims online, by smartphone, or via paper forms that you can fax or mail to PayFlex. You can receive your reimbursement by check or sign up for direct deposit. Be sure to save all receipts. Download and review the PayFlex Claim Filing Guidelines.
Deadline for Filing Claims
- You may incur expenses on your 2020 FSA from the effective date through the grace period to March 15, 2021.
- File claims on your 2020 FSA by May 31, 2021. Any unclaimed funds after this date are forfeited to the university.*
*In accordance with Internal Revenue Code and supporting treasury regulations, the university uses forfeited funds to pay administration costs of the of the FSA program. In the alternative, forfeitures may also be used by the university to fund employee benefits administration costs, education and benefit election tools, MHealthy coaching and health initiatives, the Emergency Hardship Program, and university scholarship funds.
Register with PayFlex.com
To submit a claim online or sign up for direct deposit, you first need to register with the PayFlex website. You can also use the site to check your account balance.
Follow the instructions to complete your online registration.
You may elect to have your FSA reimbursements deposited directly into your checking or savings account. Sign up for direct deposit under the Financial Center tab on your online account at payflex.com.
Submitting a Claim Online
Access your account on payflex.com and select Pay Me under File a Claim to reimburse yourself, or select Pay Them to reimburse a provider. Follow the prompts to complete your claim.
Submitting a Claim with Your Smartphone via PayFlex Mobile
The PayFlex Mobile app is available for iPhone, BlackBerry and Android smartphones.
Search for PayFlex Mobile in the app store of your mobile device and select Download.
With PayFlex Mobile, you can:
- File a claim and attach your receipt by taking a picture with your phone's camera
- View account balances, claims processed and transaction detail
- Respond to requests for documentation of your card transactions by using your phone's camera to take a picture of your receipt and upload it from your device (only available for participants with the PayFlex Card)
- Access alert messages to stay up-to-date on your account activity
- View listings of eligible and ineligible expenses
- View PayFlex's customer service phone number and hours, claims fax number and mailing address
In order to use the PayFlex Mobile app, you first need to register on the PayFlex website. Once you have successfully registered, you can access the mobile app using the same PayFlex username and password you used to register.
Submitting a paper claim via mail or fax
- Download the fillable PayFlex FSA Claim Form
- Enter your claim information
- Print and sign the form
- Mail the completed form and itemized receipts to:
PayFlex Systems USA, Inc.
P.O. Box 8396
Omaha, NE 68103-8396
(Or) FAX the completed form along with the itemized receipts to (855) 703-5305.
Keep copies of all forms and receipts.
PayFlex Card Claims Validation
If you pay for your eligible health care expenses with your PayFlex Card, you do not need to file claims, but be sure to request itemized receipts for your expenses and save them. PayFlex will require the itemized receipts to substantiate your claim. If a receipt is not provided, you may be requested to pay back the amount you were reimbursed. Learn more about using your PayFlex Card.
For more information on filing claims for reimbursement, call PayFlex at 877-343-1346 or visit payflex.com