The staff of the U-M Occupational Health Services works as a team to provide Ann Arbor campus and Michigan Medicine faculty and staff with care that is convenient, effective and caring. Our physicians and nurses all have specialized training in occupational health.
OHS was formed by a merger of the UMHHC Employee Health Service and the MWorks Occupational Health Clinic. The result is a single clinic serving the work-related health care needs of the university's employees.
Hours of Operation
7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Staff development meeting: 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. (Only emergent work-related injuries)
For work injuries after hours, weekends and official U-M holidays: Go to the Michigan Medicine Emergency Department
The mission of Occupational Health Services is to promote, protect and secure the well-being of University of Michigan employees through high-quality and cost-effective occupational health services. We believe that a healthy, productive workforce and safe working environment are critical to the university's mission of excellence.
Occupational Health Services Staff
- Daniel K. Chapman, MD, MPH, Medical Director
- Daisy Demlow, Compliance Coordinator
Occupational Health Providers:
- Christine M. Pionk, MS, NP, COHN-S, Nurse Practitioner
- Susan M. Godell, MS, NP, COHN-S, Nurse Practitioner
- Martin L. Bond, PA-C, Physician Assistant
- Myra Hufnagel, PT, DPT Cert. MDT, Physical Therapist
- Becky Thompson, R.N.C., FNP-BC
- Emily Shuman MD, Assistant Director
- Alyse Johnson, Fitness Specialist/Personal Trainer
Occupational Health Clinic Nurses:
- Cherie Holodnick, MS, RN, COHN-S
- Sandra Feldkamp, BSN, RN
- Margaret Lassila, LPN
Occupational Health Medical Assistant Specialists:
Sarah Anderson, M.A.
Denise Harper, M.A.
Vanessa Belcher, M.A.
Janet Loveless, M.A.
Quinesha Weston, M.A. (Temp)
Occupational Health Front Desk:
- Annette Green - Patient Services Senior
- Amy Kruskie - Patient Services Associate
- Michele Kaminski - Patient Services Associate
- Lindsay Self - Patient Services Associate
- Brianna Ash - Patient Services Associate
Occupational Health Fit Testers:
- Kelly Holland
- Tina Thumm
U-M Health and Well-Being Services
Occupational Health Services is part of U-M Health and Well-Being Services, which also includes MHealthy and Mental Health Counseling and Consultation Services.