Whether you are considering a move to the University of Michigan or you are already in the area, the resources provided here are designed to assist the partners of U-M faculty or staff members with a variety of job search resources. As the largest employer in Ann Arbor, the University of Michigan has many employment and career resources. The region also has many other employers in a variety of fields.
Ann Arbor is well known as a great place to live. You'll find a wide variety of neighborhoods, an excellent school system, some of the best health care facilities in the world, a wide variety of services and support, educational and enrichment opportunities galore, and a rich and diverse cultural life.
If you and your partner or spouse are planning to join the University community or are making a decision about doing so, visit this page for information about Ann Arbor housing, schools, and more.
Resources for International Families
University of Michigan Employment and Career Resources
These resources provide access to job postings, support and guidance available, and details about the environment at the University of Michigan:
Other Resources at the University of Michigan
- Benefits for U-M employees
- Career Path Navigator: guide developed to assist U-M staff to plan their career, and a great tool for exploring career options and paths at U-M
- Center for the Education of Women (CEW): provides educational programs, resources, and counseling to women and men regarding academic, career and life issues
- Research at University of Michigan : news and facts about research at U-M
- Work-Life Programs help staff, faculty, and students achieve work/life integration
The Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County, and surrounding area provide many opportunities for employment in a wide array of fields. The following resources will help you learn about and search for some of these opportunities.
Other Colleges and Universities
- Great Lakes Colleges Association
- Search for faculty and staff jobs at more than 20 Michigan colleges and universities by using the Michigan HERC website.
Private Sector Opportunities
- Ann Arbor SPARK
- Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Michigan Works!
- Small Business Association of Michigan (SBAM)
- Washtenaw County jobs
- State of Michigan jobs
- USA Jobs (U.S. government)
- Southeast Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG)
- Michigan Nonprofit Association
- Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation
- NEW (Nonprofit Enterprise at Work)