Seasonal Leave of Absence

If you desire continuous active employment for periods of less than a calendar year, you may request and be granted an appointment which includes a prearranged period of inactive employment (Seasonal Leave of Absence Appointment) if your department head determines that such a request can be accommodated. Or you may apply for and be granted such an appointment when it is made available by the University. Such a leave is a voluntary commitment by you to a specified schedule of work, and it won’t be changed unless the University’s circumstances change so that such an appointment is no longer practical. During your periods of inactive employment, you will not receive University compensation or unemployment compensation. (SPG 201.30-3)