Tobacco Consultation Service
Tobacco Consultation Service (TCS) was established by the U-M Health System in 1998 to serve two main missions:
- Help people quit tobacco
- Provide support for building smoke-free environments.
Quit Tobacco Programs
TCS provides complete and easily accessible quit smoking / quit chewing tobacco programs open to all U-M employees, patients, and the general public. TCS programs have a 12-month successful quit rate that is 7 times that national average. Programs are available either free of charge or for a small fee.
There are several program options:
*Both Group and Individual programs offered by TCS are part of the MHealthy Tobacco Independence Program (MTIP) which offers a $100 before tax incentive for benefits-eligible U-M faculty and staff and enrolled spouses and Other Qualified Adult dependents.
Building Smoke-Free Environments
TCS provides assistance as needed to put into action and maintain a smoke-free environment. This includes:
- Representation on the Smoke-Free Task Force.
- Presentations on tobacco cessation to different groups within and outside of the University of Michigan.
- Assistance in developing Tobacco Cessation guidelines.
- Policy development.
- Strategies and training for clinicians on how to work with patients and tobacco cessation.
Phone: 734-998-6222 (99 T-OBAC)
Address: MHealthy Tobacco Consultation Service
2025 Traverwood Drive, Suite A3
Ann Arbor, MI 48105