Self-Assessment and Readiness
Whether you are pondering your first or fifth career move, it is sometimes difficult to know if a specific career path is the one to follow. Using self-assessments or even just working through a checklist, you can gain a greater understanding of your skills, preferences and values, as well as your vision of life and work.This can ultimately help in leading to a fulfilling career and a more satisfying work life.
Assess your strengths, skills, expectations and employability with these tools:
- California CareerZone Website
- Strengths Finder 2.0
- Career Maze
- Well Being-The Five Essential Elements
- The O-Net Ability Profiler
- The CareerOneStop.org Skill Profiler
- The Riley Guide to Self Assessment Resources
- Career Reflections Questionnaire
- Please Understand Me: Character and Temperament Types, by David Keirsey and Marilyn Bates; Prometheus Nemesis Book Co. (1997)
You have decided that you are ready to make a change, but what does that mean? There is a big difference between just wanting to make a career change and actually being ready to do so. The Readiness Checklist will provide you with a checklist and tips to make sure you are ready to take the plunge.