This interactive workshop will give you the opportunity to plan ahead by considering what success will look like for you in the coming year. You will leave with a draft of a specific measurable goal and tips for having a discussion and reaching agreement with your team and/or your leader.
You will learn to:
- Identify the elements of SMART goals
- Compose a SMART goal to include in performance goals, evaluations and professional development plans
- Determine techniques for goal alignment based on your role
You will benefit by:
- Obtaining resources that will assist with goal formation
- Receiving coaching on SMART goal creation
- Gaining a better understanding of the importance of SMART goals
Check out the following resources for additional learning on this topic:
- U-M Smart Goals Performance Management Roadmap (LinkedIn Learning course)
- Successful Goal setting (LinkedIn Learning course)
LinkedIn Learning is available at no cost to all active students, faculty and staff (including temporary employees). View more information about LinkedIn Learning at U-M.
Any U-M faculty or staff member interested in learning how to set and write measurable goals or those who are interested in assisting others to do the same
This course is being presented in an online webinar format. The link for participation will be included in the registration confirmation email.
You can also view a recording of a previous session.
- Professional Skills
- Self Development
Domain and Expectation
- Create a shared vision
- Coach and develop others
- Achieve results
- Member of a Team
- Leading a Team
- Leading Multiple Teams
- Level 1: Awareness