In this microlearning session, a tried-and-true approach for having difficult conversations will be used. We will demonstrate how to begin challenging conversations and move the conversation forward in a collaborative way. You will learn, try and apply this approach to real life scenarios.
You will learn to:
- Use the Difficult Conversations framework to keep the conversation collaborative while acknowledging emotions and creating accountability
- Identify barriers that will impact the outcome of a conversation
- Determine methods to reflect and analyze the approach in conversations with colleagues
You will benefit by:
- Improving your communication skills and work relationships
- Creating an environment that supports meaningful and engaging conversations around some of the most difficult topics
Any U-M faculty or staff member at any level who is interested in learning approaches for having difficult conversations
This session is being delivered in an online webinar format. The webinar link will be delivered in the registration confirmation email.
You can also view a recording of a previous session.
- Leading People and Teams
Domain and Expectation
- Coach and develop others
- Solve problems
- Build positive culture
- Member of a Team
- Leading a Team
- Leading Multiple Teams
- Level 2: Skill building