Transitioning from a member of a team to a leadership role is both exciting and challenging, and even more so if you are promoted from within a team. This session will focus on practical strategies to create greater self-awareness and build upon your strengths to become your best leader self. It is part of the Leadership 101 Curriculum.
You will learn to:
- Identify opportunities and challenges in your transition to supervisor
- Apply your leadership strengths to personal barriers in your leadership goals
- Determine strategies to address common new supervisor challenges
You will benefit by:
- Obtaining tools that will help you build upon your strengths and lead with confidence
- Recognizing barriers to successful supervisory leadership
- Developing a personal transition plan
- Networking with others who also aspire to a future leadership role
Any U-M faculty or staff member who would like to successfully transition to a leadership role
This program is highly interactive. It includes the use of online boards and small-group discussion to generate ideas and solve common challenges. Webinar information will be sent in the registration confirmation email.
Recommended Pre-Class Assignment
You are encouraged to take two free assessments prior to the session. This optional pre-work will take 10-15 minutes. We will reference these assessments during our class, but they are not required. Links to the assessments will also be included in the registration confirmation email.
Daring Leadership Assessment Note: You do not need to share an email address to take this assessment.
Positive Intelligence Saboteurs Assessment: Note: You will need to create a free account after taking the assessment in order to receive your results via email. You can also learn more about saboteurs if you do not want to provide your email address.
- Leadership and Management
- Leading People and Teams
- Self Development
Domain and Expectation
- Create value for the diverse communities we serve
- Collaborate and build inclusive relationships
- Build positive culture
- Member of a Team
- Level 1: Awareness