During your Sabbatical or Scholarly Activity Leave, your benefits will continue the same as when you are a regular, active staff member, as long as you continue to receive a salary.

If you are on a Scholarly Activity Leave without a salary, your university contributions toward the cost of your benefits will continue. However, you will be responsible for making arrangements to pay the cost. Call the SSC Contact Center for more information at 5-2000 from the Ann Arbor campus, (734) 615-2000 locally, or (866) 647-7657 toll free, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

If you are enrolled in a managed care plan and will be moving out of the service area during your Sabbatical or Scholarly Activity Leave, you may need to change your health care plan. See Moving Out of a Managed Care Service Area for more information.