Change in Employment Status for You or Your Dependent

When you, or your dependent, experience a status change that results in a gain or loss of eligibility for medical coverage, you may be able to make certain adjustments to your benefits related to your status change within 30 days.

If you are newly eligible to enroll in benefits, you will receive notification that you are eligible to elect benefits online.

If at any time your hours decrease to less than 50%, you may become ineligible for university contributions toward your health plan, life insurance, dental plan, and prescription drug benefits. For information specific to your benefit group, see the Benefits Eligibility section.

If you have any questions about your job change and how it may affect your eligibility for benefits, call the SSC Contact Center at 5-2000 from the Ann Arbor campus, (734) 615-2000 locally, or (866) 647-7657 toll free, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.