America Saves Week (Feb. 22-26) is a good opportunity to ask yourself:
- What are my retirement goals?
- Do I have enough savings to weather a financial emergency?
- Has the COVID-19 pandemic affected my investment plans?
Fidelity and TIAA, U-M’s trusted partners for its Basic Retirement Plan, can help you answer these questions and better prepare yourself for the future you want. They’re two of many corporate, nonprofit and government organizations across the U.S. that have joined America Saves Week to encourage all to save for their futures.
Exclusive U-M Events
Fidelity will host two live webinars for U-M faculty and staff only:
Tuesday, Feb. 23
noon-1 p.m., Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Make the Most of Your U of M Retirement Savings Plans
Learn how to maximize your retirement savings and review investment choices available at Fidelity.
Thursday, Feb. 25
2-3 p.m., EST
Create a Budget, Ditch Your Debt, and Start Saving for the Future You
Learn about tools, tips and strategies to help you balance paying down your debt with saving for your future goals.
Both events will be available on-demand through Fidelity’s resource library, as well.
Schedule a One-on-One
If person-to-person interaction is more your style, schedule a visit virtually, by phone or by live chat. Fidelity and TIAA reps can share their online screens during these meetings so you’ll see what they see for a better discussion.
These consultations with Fidelity and TIAA’s knowledgeable staff are free. To schedule:
- Visit Fidelity's new scheduling page or call (800) 642-7131, weekdays from 8 a.m. to midnight, EST.
- Visit tiaa.org/schedulenow or call (800) 732-8353, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., EST.