With the COVID-19 pandemic, many of us began working from home for the first time in our careers. Going forward, it is likely that many positions will include at least a partial work-from-home schedule. With awareness and adjustments, working from home can be a very successful way to manage work-life balance and enhance productivity.
"As many of us are being encouraged to continue working from home, the following tips for success may help you navigate your new work style," says Barb Mulay, Manager, U-M Work-Life Resource Center. "We collected these tips from colleagues and are happy to share them with you."
Tips for Success
- Maintain Social Connections With People
- Create a Dedicate Workspace in Your Home
- Have a Daily Routine
- Set Goals to Stay Focused
- Take Care of your Body, Mind, and Mood
- Be Mindful of Video Meeting Fatigue
- Reward Yourself
- Additional Challenges of Working From Home with Children
Read more about each of these suggestions. For additional information or if you have specific questions, contact email@example.com. You can also join the Working at Michigan group in Workplace for regular posts about work-related topics and live courses from MHealthy.