HR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Excellence, stewardship and partnership are the guiding principles of University of Michigan Human Resources.
These principles guide human resource decision-making at the university by measuring to what extent the issue:
- Aligns with the missions of the university.
- Fosters an environment that allows faculty, students, staff and organizational units to lead and excel.
- Supports the recruitment of and retention of high-caliber faculty, students, and staff.
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
- Employs best practices and leads in innovation and quality.
- Promotes fairness and equity.
- Fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility and resource stewardship.
- Promotes ethical behavior in the community.