Would you like to communicate with a specific group of Faculty, Staff, or Students? To send a targeted e-mail or request a file of mailing addresses, use the following links:
- For faculty and/or staff data, complete the Faculty and Staff Data Request Form.
- For both student and faculty and/or staff data, complete the Student, Faculty, and Staff Data Request Form.
- For student data, complete the Student Data Request Form.
Policies Concerning the Use of the Targeted Data Service
- The data must be used only for official University business.
- Use and handling of the data must comply with the University's Proper Use Policy and standards imposed by UHR or the RO. Also refer to the Standard Practice Guide, 601.12 Institutional Data Resource Management Policy.
- The recipients must need the information.
- If data will be used for research purposes, Institutional Review Board approval documentation is required.
- Guidelines for e-mail messages:
- Messages can be sent to U-M groups, departments, units, and campuses.
- Information in the e-mail message must be time-critical.
- Message text must be clear, brief, and to the point.
- Message text should be no longer than two screens. To convey more information, consider referring recipients to another source, such as a Web page, for the details.
- Message text should include contact information (e-mail or phone) where further inquiries can be directed.
- No advertising, promotions, information about campus events, or other "nice-to-know" messages will be authorized.
- Attachments can not be sent with a targeted email but web links referenced within the email text are acceptable.
For urgent requests, please call the ITS Service Center at 764-HELP (734-764-4357). Ask for assistance with an urgent targeted email and leave your phone number with the agent on the phone. A staff member who can assist with your request will respond within 30 minutes.
If you want to:
- send information to the management (3D list) and know the number of active managers in each categories;
- define a group of employees by the jobcode/Career family, IPEDs, Paygroup;
- define Department Group/Unit/Campus;
Access HR-related data to support decision-making and organizational goals via the following links:
Questions? Contact us:
- HRIS – email@example.com, for HR data questions
- ITS – 4HELP@umich.edu, for scheduling changes and cancellations
- Registrar’s Office – firstname.lastname@example.org, for student data requests
Note: Please be aware that due to the manual nature of creating custom targeted email lists that errors in targeted email recipients are very unlikely, but possible.