After serving on an active team for at least 2 years, Voices participants are welcomed to alumni status. The Voices Alumni Team is more than 700 staff members strong. These individuals regularly receive updates and information about Voices events. Additionally, there are often opportunities for Voices Alumni to volunteer on special projects including focus groups and committee work and special Advisory Teams.
Voices Alumni are working on, or have contributed to:
- The Emergency Hardship Program
- The Voices Staff Development Fund
- U-M Bicentennial Planning
- The Center for Positive Organizations
Voices Advisory Groups
In 2015, Voices established specific advisory teams to ensure that a pool of interested and experienced staff members are available to work on finding opportunities in the areas of parking and transportation, as well as benefits, health, and wellness.
Parking and Transportation
For several years, the Voices Parking and Transportation Team explored safe, timely, efficient and economical transportation and parking alternatives to address the needs of staff commuting to work and/or traveling between meeting locations to conduct university business. And the team made a major impact.
In early 2015, the Parking and Transportation Team has realized its vision of improved access to parking services with the opening of a branch parking customer service office in UH South (the previous Mott building).
Additional results include:
- A new lottery program to offer reserved parking spaces to employees working “off shifts” at the Health System was implemented in 2007.
- Commuter buses now offer service until 1 a.m. year-round.
- The 6:30 a.m. commuter bus from Crisler to Michigan Medicine locations has become a nonstop called the Med Express.
- Parking and Transportation Services changed the color designation of 125 parking spots in Hayward/Hubbard lot on North Campus from yellow to orange to ease congestion.
- Bus shelters were installed on Fuller Road in 2006 based on feedback from team members about hospital staff members difficulties crossing the street.
Benefits, Health and Well-being
Since Voices began there has always been a team of staff dedicated to searching for opportunities for improving benefits, as well as the wellness of our university community. Continuing in this tradition, the Voices of the Benefits, Health and Well-being Advisory Group provides advice, input, and consultation regarding new or revised benefit programs, MHealthy programs, and other wellness-related activities to address the needs of staff.
New for 2020 - Voices Alumni Network Team!
Are you a Voices of the Staff Alumni member? Apply to join this new network team. Bring your passion, enthusiasm, and expertise in articulating creative ideas around employee engagement! Meet regularly to discuss future Voices development and projects. And provide feedback to the Program Management Team! Apply now!