The University of Michigan, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of Michigan is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
Inquiries or complaints may be addressed to the Senior Director for Institutional Equity and Title IX/Section 504/ADA Coordinator, Office for Institutional Equity, 2072 Administrative Services Building, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1432, (734) 763-0235, TTY (734) 647-1388. For other University of Michigan information call (734) 764-1817.
Standard Practice Guides related to Affirmative Action and Nondiscrimination include:
- 201.08 Grievance Procedures and Dispute Resolution
- 201.82 Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Policy
- 201.84 Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Policy for Individuals with Disabilities
- 201.87 Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Policy for Disabled Veterans and Veterans of the Vietnam Era
- 201.89-0 Sexual Harassment
- 201.89-1 Discrimination and Harassment
- 201.35 Personnel Nondiscrimination Policy for Faculty and Staff
- 601.6 Preventing Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation
- 601.18 Violence in the University Community
- 601.22 Faculty-Student Relationships
- 601.22-1 Employee-Student Relationships