To attract the attention of today’s busy readers, you must respond to their need for clarity and brevity in written communication. Learn to overcome “writer’s block,” and to recognize and avoid common mistakes to deliver information powerfully, persuasively, and professionally.
You will learn to:
- Construct sentences that get and hold your readers’ attention
- Edit your writing for clarity and ease of reading
- Determine when to avoid archaic expressions and common grammar, punctuation, and usage errors
- Structure sentences that put more impact into your communication
- Integrate sound writing techniques to create more powerful letters and e-mails
You will benefit by:
- Updating and improving your business writing skills for more effective and persuasive letters, reports, and e-mails
- Organizing your documents with your readers’ needs in mind
- Creating reader-friendly layouts to highlight important information
- Overcoming obstacles that cause “writers block”
Anyone who handles correspondence, develops publications, prepares reports, and needs to be able to write quickly under pressure
Each participant should bring a current project to get one-on-one feedback on their business writing skills.
- Reading and Written Communication
Development of Self and Others