Overcoming the stress experienced when interacting with "difficult" people is a challenge. By focusing on personalities and behavioral styles, this course outlines a positive approach to working around these personality conflicts.
You will learn to:
- Identify categories of difficult people and why you perceive them that way
- Find coping strategies to effectively deal with difficult people and personality conflicts
- Prevent the development of problematic relationships
- Identify the source of a dispute and determine what to do about it
- Identify ways to effectively deflect the hostility of others
You will benefit by:
- Expanding your knowledge of personality types and interpersonal relations
- Utilizing skills acquired to diffuse personality conflicts that may arise
- Gaining confidence in handling tough situations
- Maintaining composure and professional language in “hot” situations
Anyone wanting to be more effective at handling their emotions when dealing with challenging people and situations
Participants will receive a copy of the bestselling book Dealing with People You Can’t Stand: How to Bring Out the Best in People at Their Worst by Dr. Rick Brinkman and Dr. Rick Kirschner.
- Conflict Management and Negotiation