We all want to excel at our jobs, but obsessing on perfectionism will sap your energy and actually lower your productivity. In this session, you will acquire tools and strategies to confront and combat perfectionism as well as gain an understanding of the motivation behind perfectionist behavior.
You will learn to:
- Identify the various signs and symptoms of perfectionism and how they impact your work life
- Intervene and redirect behaviors that tend to get in the way of positive and productive interactions
- Flex your behavior style, anticipating the behaviors of others who struggle with perfectionism for more positive, win-win interactions
- Find ways to comfortably express your wants and needs more assertively
- Use strategies to interrupt the thinking that causes perfectionism
- Set goals of reasonable excellence
You will benefit by:
- Increasing your overall productivity;
- Recognizing how anger, worry and perfectionism are intertwined
- Increasing your overall self-esteem and self-worth
- Accepting imperfection, criticism and negative feedback
Anyone who feels that the obsession for perfectionism is lowering their productivity
Participants will receive a copy of the book: When Perfect Isn’t Good Enough: Strategies for Coping with Perfectionism by Martin Antony, Ph.D. and Richard Swenson, M.D.