Unconscious Bias shows up often during the process of selecting and hiring. This course provides a deeper look into how Unconscious Bias impacts decision making during the hiring process while looking at interventions to minimize the impact of bias in our hiring and selection processes.
You will learn to:
- Discuss the potential influence of unconscious bias on decision-making during the recruitment and selection phases
- Review recruitment and selection materials to assess blind spots for bias
- Explore ways to minimize the impact of bias in recruitment and selection activities
You will benefit by:
- Examining how current hiring processes may inadvertently affect our ability to recruit the best possible candidates
- Positively influencing the hiring process in your organization
Anyone involved in hiring, especially hiring managers and search committee members
You may also be interested in attending one of the Unconscious Bias in Everyday Life sessions prior to or following this course.
These sessions are being offered at no cost to U-M faculty and staff, thanks to sponsorship from U-M executive officers.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Leadership and Management
Domain and Expectation
- Lead innovation and change
- Foster and promote diverse teams
- Collaborate and build inclusive relationships
- Build positive culture
- Member of a Team
- Leading a Team
- Leading Multiple Teams
- Leading the Organization