The unconscious mind is a powerful and intrinsic force in helping to shape our overall behavior in our everyday lives. This interactive session is designed to examine how unconscious bias can affect one's perceptions, decisions and interactions.
You will learn to:
- Identify how bias and the processes of the unconscious mind can impact your decisions and results
- Utilize strategies to practice more conscious awareness so you are better able to advocate for inclusion in your organization
You will benefit by:
- Understanding the science and research of unconscious bias
- Having an increased awareness of your own diverse background, and its influence on your perceptions
Anyone who would like to examine how unconscious bias can affect their perceptions, decisions, and interactions
These sessions are being offered at no cost to U-M faculty and staff, thanks to sponsorship from U-M executive officers.
Departments can request any of the core courses to be held at their work location free of charge.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion