Transcribing minutes of a meeting is not only a challenge but requires a unique skill. Come to this session to receive the fundamentals of effective note taking and transcribing meeting minutes that are user-friendly and comprehensive.
You will learn to:
- Differentiate between note-taking and taking meeting minutes
- Describe the process of note taking and transcribing meeting minutes
- Identify ways to accurately take notes while participating in the meeting
- Determine the most important kinds of information to include in meeting minutes
- Use the best ways to format meeting minutes that are the most reader-friendly
You will benefit by:
- Acquiring strategies and tools of note taking to increase your confidence in fulfilling your role as note taker
- Acquiring tips for juggling being a participant as well as the recorder of the meeting minutes
- Learning how to quickly and effectively summarize issues and decisions
Anyone who is responsible for recording the events of a meeting
This course does not cover taking notes using technology (laptop, iPad, PC, etc.) for a more advanced note taking course that includes content in this area, see Taking Effective Notes With Technology.
- Reading and Written Communication