The key to workplace success is being a strong communicator. Being a strong communicator means knowing yourself and how to expertly navigate conversations that cut through assumptions, clarify needs and expectations, and maximize group productivity. Using the Straight Talk® communication style inventory, this session will explore good communication concepts and practices based on the work by communications expert and organizational leadership consultant Eric Douglas.
You will learn to:
- Recognize the four Straight Talk® styles and the strengths, weaknesses, similarities and differences among them
- Identify your unique Straight Talk® profile and determine how it contributes to your success
- Determine practical ways to effectively adapt your style to improve your communication with others
- Discuss a range of strategies to proactively apply the strengths of your style and others back to your work
You will benefit by:
- Developing positive working relationships and higher levels of trust with your work colleagues
- Increasing your self awareness, personal productivity and efficiency by using more effective communication with others
- Decreasing or even eliminating conflicts that naturally occur from individual differences in style
- Increasing your ability to work in groups to solve problems and find successful solutions
Anyone who would like to increase their communication effectiveness
Participants will receive a copy of the book: Straight Talk®: Turning Communication Upside Down for Strategic Results at Work by Eric Douglas.
Pre-registration with a shortcode is required as there is a $50 cancellation fee that takes effect two weeks prior to the course. If you attend the course, your department will not be charged.
Pre-Class Recommendation with Lynda.com:
- Self Development
Domain and Expectation
- Member of a Team
- Leading a Team