The key to workplace success is being a strong communicator. Being a strong communicator means knowing yourself and how to expertly navigate conversations that cut through assumptions, clarify needs and expectations, and maximize group productivity. Using the Straight Talk® communication style inventory, this session will explore good communication concepts and practices based on the work by communications expert and organizational leadership consultant Eric Douglas.
You will learn to:
- Recognize the four Straight Talk® styles and the strengths, weaknesses, similarities and differences among them
- Identify your unique Straight Talk® profile and determine how it contributes to your success
- Determine practical ways to effectively adapt your style to improve your communication with others
- Discuss a range of strategies to proactively apply the strengths of your style and others back to your work
You will benefit by:
- Developing positive working relationships and higher levels of trust with your work colleagues
- Increasing your self awareness, personal productivity and efficiency by using more effective communication with others
- Decreasing or even eliminating conflicts that naturally occur from individual differences in style
- Increasing your ability to work in groups to solve problems and find successful solutions
Anyone who would like to increase their communication effectiveness
This is an excellent class for supervisors and managers who have completed Foundations of Supervision I: Maximizing Performance and would like their staff to experience a full debrief of the Straight Talk® results and gain strategies.
Participants will receive a copy of the book: Straight Talk®: Turning Communication Upside Down for Strategic Results at Work by Eric Douglas.
- Communication and Listening
- Leadership Development
Building Relationships and Interpersonal Skills
Development of Self and Others
Leadership and Achievement Orientation