This session focuses on self-awareness and introspection around conflict, ultimately leading to improved workplace results and relationships. We use the Everything DiSC Productive Conflict® assessment to help you identify and curb destructive behaviors so that conflict can become more productive.
You will learn to:
- Determine your preferred conflict style and behaviors
- Explore the destructive and productive conflict behaviors of each DiSC® style
- Adopt new ways to manage your response to conflict situations
- Identify new communication strategies when engaging in productive conflict with colleagues
You will benefit by:
- Developing a deeper understanding of why you tend to react in certain ways so that you can choose new behaviors
- Gaining new perspectives to help de-escalate yourself and tense situations brought on by conflict, which ultimately can improve workplace productivity and relationships
This course will use the Everything DiSC Productive Conflict® assessment. Completion instructions will be sent prior to the course date.
Check out the following resources for additional learning on this topic:
- Improving your Conflict Competence (LinkedIn Learning course)
- Having Difficult Conversations (LinkedIn Learning course)
- Improve your Teamwork Skills (LinkedIn Learning course)
LinkedIn Learning is available at no cost to all active students, faculty and staff (including temporary employees). View more information about LinkedIn Learning at U-M.
Anyone who would like to understand and leverage their personal style to successfully manage conflict
- Self Development
Domain and Expectation
- Collaborate and build inclusive relationships
- Member of a Team
- Level 2: Skill building